NEW YORK, May 24, 2022 (Newswire.com) - A press release is a compelling and concise news story that's typically written by a public relations professional and distributed to targeted media sources to announce something newsworthy.
The goal of a press release is to secure coverage from relevant publications and stay in front of a company's target audience.
"For nearly 20 years and counting, we've harnessed the power of press releases to help our customers distribute the right message to the right audience at the right time," said Charlie Terenzio, CMO and SVP of Media and Marketing Communications at Newswire.
A portion of the technology company's success is due to the expertise of its team, who leverages its experience and knowledge to help brands of all sizes and industries effectively use press release distribution to create true value and real results.
To meet and exceed positive outcomes starts with executing on the fundamentals. Newswire outlined six press release writing tips that'll help companies craft impactful content:
- Identify a newsworthy angle - Newsworthiness is likely to pique interest so before you begin the press release writing process, ask the question, "Is this newsworthy?" If you can't quickly answer "yes," that's a sign to get back to the drawing board and come up with a new topic.
- Set a goal - Once a newsworthy angle is determined, it's time to set a goal. Doing so will keep the content of the press release focused on achieving the defined result.
- Address the 5 W's - This is who, what, where, when and why. Addressing these five points will ensure the press release covers the most important information.
Create an outline - Create a template outline so that each time you sit down to write a release, you can jot down the specifics. It'll make it easier to write your release. Each press release has a standard format and should include:
- Intro paragraph
- Body paragraphs
- Gather facts and quotes - Facts, data, and quotes are excellent ways to support the overarching message of a press release. Organizing this information at the beginning of the writing process is a great way to ensure you didn't miss any valuable information.
- Write with the target audience in mind - When writing a press release, remember it's not about you or your brand. It's about the value you're providing to your target audience. When you keep the target audience at the forefront of your writing process, you'll create content that speaks directly to your target audience's pain points, questions, interests and more. Remember, relevant information is shareable information.
"As an industry leader in press release distribution services, we know how powerful press releases can be when written correctly," added Terenzio. "These six tips are an excellent starting point that will help business professionals stay focused and craft content that consumers will actually want to read."
To learn more about how Newswire's integrated solutions are helping brands craft newsworthy content, deliver strategic media pitches, earn media mentions, grow their audience, expand their reach, and implement an effective go-to-market strategy, visit Newswire.com today.
Newswire is a technology company that delivers press release distribution and press release campaigns by leveraging earned media outreach, SEO traffic and email marketing through campaign automation to help businesses land impactful media coverage, drive website traffic, generate leads and grow brand awareness. Through its industry-leading technology and its commitment to customer satisfaction, Newswire provides true value for businesses at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
To learn more about press release distribution or the Media Advantage Plan, visit Newswire.com or check out why our customers have named us #1 for Customer Satisfaction in our industry for four years in a row.
CMO and SVP of Media and Marketing Communications