NEW YORK, June 6, 2022 (Newswire.com) - A press release is a compelling and concise news story that's typically written by a public relations professional and distributed to targeted media sources to announce something newsworthy.
Press releases are a powerful marketing tool that can help companies build brand awareness and strengthen their credibility within their respective markets.
Let's say, for example, a company is announcing the launch of a brand-new product. This product dots every "i" and crosses every "t" of their target market's wants and needs. Crafting a newsworthy press release and distributing it via relevant distribution networks can help expand the brand's reach and deliver its message to its target audience.
Though only one example of a press release, the fact remains that strategic press release distribution can help companies distribute the right message to the right audience at the right time.
"A press release is an authoritative piece of content that helps brands communicate important updates, news and more to their target audiences," said Charlie Terenzio, CMO and SVP of Media and Marketing Communications at Newswire.
A mixture of content creation and strategic distribution of its press release helped this brand make waves and stand out from the competition.
But, the press release's success doesn't have to stop there as it can be repurposed into social media posts.
When transforming a successful press release into social media posts, consider the following:
- Respect the platform - When crafting a social media post, make sure the content fits the platform. Don't make the platform fit the content. For example, what works on Instagram might not work on LinkedIn and vice versa.
- Make it interesting - Social media is meant to be social. Infuse the brand's voice and personality into the copy to catch people's attention enough to stop their scrolls, click on the content and engage with the brand.
The possibilities of turning a high-performing press release into social media content are seemingly endless. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Create a branded image of an important quote from the press release.
- Share a statistic in the caption and encourage people to read the release in full.
- Film a quick video clip that highlights the topic of the press release, and in the caption, include a link for users to read more.
- If there are earned media mentions, share the link to the feature and tag the publication in the post.
"The driving force behind repurposing a press release into social content is to help brands build awareness and amplify their message to their followers," added Charlie Terenzio. "There are 4.48 billion people around the globe that use social media which means there's ample opportunity to build on press release momentum and expand a brand's reach."
To learn more about how Newswire's integrated solutions are helping brands craft newsworthy content, deliver strategic media pitches, earn media mentions, grow their audience, expand their reach, and implement an effective go-to-market strategy, visit Newswire.com today.
Newswire is a technology company that provides press release distribution, media database and media monitoring technology that powers the media advantage: greater brand awareness, online visibility, SEO recognition, site traffic and increased sales by providing self-serve or full-service technology that automates press release distribution, media outreach, and monitoring that drives SEO recognition leading to more sales. Through its disruptive technology platform, relentless commitment to customer satisfaction, and passion for customer performance Newswire is automating media and marketing communications for large and small businesses all over the world.
To learn more about press release distribution or the Media Advantage Plan, visit Newswire.com or check out why our customers have named us #1 for Customer Satisfaction in our industry for four years in a row.
CMO and SVP of Media and Marketing Communications